Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Get To Know....

I've been wanting to make a blog for a while, and what not better to make it about then my obsession?
Since this is my first ever post I thought that I would give you a little bit of background of me in Names:

Dayton Kennedy- Of course we will start off with my own name. Probably some of you anti-unisex people are having a heart attack over my name, it is very masculine. Dayton is a Old English male place name. I have come across many meaning of my name from "Day's Settlement" to "Day Town" to "Dairy Town" so I know that my name means Town at least :~). Now on to Kennedy, which is a Irish Surname which... well everyone knows what Kennedy mean since it doesn't exactly have the best meaning but if you don't know it means "Helmeted Head" "Ugly Head" not the best meaning in the world but I do still love my name as a whole! My experience with my name has bee pretty basic, but I ultimately think it is because Dayton is pretty unheard of so no one knew it was a boys name to begin with. Growing up the only "teasing" was mild just the occasional "Hey Dayton, who you Datin'" (yes that is pretty lame, it was lame when some guy said that to me too). Also where I grew up many people had unisex names which brings me to.......

Kai- My best friends, I love her name! It fit her to a T and I knew no different that it was  Hawaiian for Sea, and also predominantly used on men. I'm not really sure which gender I prefer but growing up knowing both a male and female Kai(male spelled Khai) I do kinda like it more for a girl. But maybe I'm bias!

I guess that's my first post tell me what you think! I will continue the Get To Know in name but just wanted to get my first post out!


No comments:

Post a Comment