Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Inspired Names *Girlies Edition*

Now on to the girls! This was suppose to be up on Friday but I wasn't home at all so better late then never!

Whisper- Whisper is one of my loves, it isn't on my list but I've toyed around with putting it there. Of course it's a word name which means "to speak softly". The name just sounds slightly haunting, like hearing whispers in the dark. Some may say it's not usable but I definitely do with other words getting more attention.

Sally- From Nightmare Before Christmas. Sally is just such a sweet name! So dainty and cute with a bit of old lady chic in there. Sally is a diminutive of Sarah which means "princess" or "lady". Sally could also be a nickname for Sallinger, Sariah, Salome, or Cecilia if you would prefer Sally as a nickname.

Persephone- Queen of the underworld*. While being the queen of the underworld may not be the best association I do think Persephone is simply gorgeous. Long and romantic but also has a darkness to it(which fits right into the Halloween vibe)!

Samara- From The Ring. While I'm shocked that Samara actually became more popular after the creepy movie I do see why, it's so pretty and different! Even though the movie did help this lovely name get recognition it isn't popular at all (#559 on the USA charts). Samara means "Guarded by God".

Some more Halloween inspired names:

Sabrina(From Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
Halle/Halo
Carrie(From Stephen Kings Carrie)
Luna(Means "Moon", or you could go with Moon)
October
Rosemary(From Rosemary's Baby)
Blair(From The Blair Witch Project)
Wednesday(Character from The Addams Family)
Tabitha nn Tabby
Lydia(From Beetlejuice)

For some reason it was so hard finding names! But alas the Halloween list is here.

* There were a lot of mixed meanings and history behind Persephone I just went with the most consistent one. Sorry if I have the wrong info! 

No comments:

Post a Comment